The funny thing happened when I was choosing another game to replace Crysis. Oh no! 2142 Battlefield or Spore? Sick of the idea of weapons and military and conquering the entire galactic space for the moment, so Spore it was.
So anyway, the 940 arrived after like 10 minutes, I boarded it to go back to Kardi. I love bus rides, but Somerville Boulevard was very curvy and turny...
And when I reached the Kardi area, I was reluctant to get off 'coz it was raining. I didn't want myself to dreanch wet when I crossed the road to the bus stop on the opposite road to board 99. So I continued laying my butt on the comfy chair and waited for it to come back in the opposite direction after it passed the terminal station, which shouldn't be too far.
Unfortunately, I didn't know where it was going. The next thing I knew, the bus went pass North Lake Senior High School, houses, Coolbellup and finally Hamilton Hill. One by one, all the people in the bus left but me and a man. And finally the bus pulled up in what I suspect a middle of nowhere in Hamilton Hill, near Freo....
Bus driver: "Where are you going to, miss? This is the terminal station, you'll have to get off here."
Me: "But... but.... Don't you need to turn around to go back to Kardy?"
Bus driver: "Yeah... But I won't be the one driving, my service ends here."
Me: "?!! Then, where should I wait?"
Bus driver: "You'll just wait at here, love."
Me: "OK...."
The shock made me forget to tag off my SmartRider. Then he put on a 000 on the bus and left me all alone, facing this:
The thing is that the grid was very towering. The moment I looked up into the space and saw it, my ankles went jelly. And plus, I'm numerophobic, especially numbers on a sign. The bigger the number, the more I will freak out. I'm scared of digital thermometer, hot shower with digital dials, elevators, radios with manual dials, floor sign in stair wells... etc. I'm even scared of analog clocks like the giant one in Emporium Department Store near Wisma Merdeka, which would explain I never been there for more than 5 years... And of course bell towers... I'm such a lamer sometimes...
So, it felt like I'm standing beside a nuclear bomb on a windy and chilly 2 pm. Can you imagine how petrified I was the moment I saw the 66,000 sign on the giant electric grid? And no one was there. Sob. I really felt so scared that I wanna cry.
In case you have sight problem, this is 66,000 Volts I'm talking about...See? If a big sign like that was 5 meters above me, can you imagine how tall is the electric grid?
Thank god, the next bus came after 5-10 minutes, to pick up a petrified, shivering me... Was I ever glad to be acknowledged by civilisation again...
No comments:
Post a Comment