Day 1- 4/8/09
It was such a confusing day. Saw some old faces in Statistics and Cell Biology =) 441 students studying Cell Biology this semester!
At noon, went to Approaches to Sustainable Development first ever lecture. Oh no! It was boring as ever... I daydreamed. 60% of the total grade goes to 2 mega essays. One 20%, one a crazy 40%. 10% for tutorial discussion. Only 30% for the final open-book exam. Went to the wrong building for my STP109 tutorial and can't seem to find the right room. As a result... I was 8 minutes late. Got my tongue stucked when it was my turn to voice out my thoughts. Sigh...
Day 2- 5/8/09
Statistics lesson at morning. Can't help but daydreamed like usual. Oops! One hour flew by with me only able to grasp less than 40% of the random stuffs lectured by the lecturer. Wait for 3 hours for Australian Environmental Issues first ever lecture. What? 3 major assignments in 14 weeks with a heavy weighting of 50% of the total grade? I think I'm going to faint...
Thoughts about these 4 new units:
Statistics and Data Analysis
-Not bad. But the lecturer is kinda old and subsequently her voice merely pass as a loud whisper (unsurprisingly), thus I daydream during the 2 lectures.
Cell Biology
- Sounds familiar. ER, mitochondria... etc etc... But it's just the introduction part...
Australian Environmental Issues
- A bit out of my normal norm. Lots of political, economical stuffs which bore the hell out of me. But it's still related to Australian environment and geology, so I guess it's still fine by me. But too much assignments!!! How on earth should I pretend to write a recommendation letter to a prestigious political leader to address an environmental issue and provide alternative ways?
Approaches to Sustainable Development
- Not only inaccesible to me, but utterly boring too. Even more unknown government and private organisation... Probably the worst unit for this semester.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment