God, I really shouldn't type this post. Just finished my Bio practical, investigating the rate of oxygen uptake in germinating seeds or should I say bean sprout. My capillary tube was so busted with bands of black ink that the lab assistant had to keep using his giant syringe to clear the tube. And MY JACKET!!! It was stain with the black ink and can't be washed off. GRRRR...
Anyway, I have to share this!
After weeks of waiting, I finally got my offer of admission letter from Murdoch Uni yesterday. I was so damn happy that I locked myself in the room and giggle till my tummy hurts. Haha.
Now...
I was wondering whether I should take this offer. Bachelor of Environmental Science in Murdoch University. Study period of 4 years.
First, there's the financial aspect. My dad says he can support my lodging and living expenses for my 1st and 2nd year. But I probably will have to find a part time job in Perth to earn some living expenses but he'll still pay for my tuition fee for 3rd and 4th year. I don't mind at all because I have to think for my sisters as well. However, can anyone tell me how much can I earn on average for a part time job?
And, there's the silly part. Do I really want to study environment science and take this as my long career? Haha, I guess I do. But my mum insisted that I should study Pharmacy or Dentistry. She says it's a safe bet rather than studying some Environment Science. 'Coz she heard lots of the people who study Environment Science ended up jobless, in Australia and Malaysia. Particularly her friend's sons and daugthers. Help!!! I really don't want to be a dentist or pharmacist. It's not what I want. What's so fun about mixing medicines or scaring away all the kids with the dentist equipments in my office?
Lastly, there's the health issue. Since I will be applying for a single room, who is going to look after me if I'm sick is the question my parents ask me. With the long medical history of mine ranging from pneumonia to Achilles tendon injury, it is virtually impossible to keep me immune from all sorts of sickness, especially when I'm aboard. Somehow i will always ended up with allergy or gastric pain. I'm always the sick prone child in my family. Haiz...
So, what should I do now?
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
about the part time job thing..it really depends..you get paid more when your growing older..it's just how they do..when your in 3rd year i guess u can have a wage of at least $15 per hour..at McD or whatever fast food restaurants..if you can find a job in hotel or former restaurants(except Chinese) you'll probably get $20/hour..and u can work max 20 hours per week..but this doesnt apply when it's summer and winter holidays..
and just FYI, my homestay's son is now a pharmacist..that day i asked him about his salary..it's 80k per annum..he said you'll have even better deal if your a doctor..or dentist..so sometimes the thing u hate brings u MONEY..lol..but i think environmental science should be a hot topic since everyone's fighting for the mother earth or whatsoever..should have a bright future..but really..consider pharmacy haha..
hope these help ;) and good luck deciding..its not gonna be easy..haha..
heyy dude, jz wanna tell u that my sis graduated in Bachelors of Environmental Science and she ended up working in WWF in KK... and she quite enjoyed it... so there's still hope dude~~ wuakakka.. Instead, I have to worry abt my future as a forensics expert, which is sooo damn rare in places like in Msia.... =.=!
Post a Comment