Thursday, October 2, 2008

Caught In Confusion

Lately, I've been confused.

As in a state of perplexity and bafflement.


I don't know what I do everyday. I don't give a damn about my schoolwork. Everything seems to be blurry at the moment. I don't know why I'm still alive. It feels like I don't care about A-Level at all. I often wonder have I made the right decision to stay in Institut Sinaran for my A-Level.

Frankly speaking, I'm bored of studying science stuffs. Perhaps it has somthing to do with me being a typical Aquarius, I get bored when I do the same thing over and over again. I just can't help it.

I remembered an English poem that I learnt in Senior 2: The Road Not Taken. When I read the poem, I honestly feel what the intellectual side the poet is trying to convey to me. I feel like I've not choosen the right path in my life, to be exact, studying the art of science. God, how I wish I could turn back time and return to Junior 3 when we have to choose between Science stream or Arts Stream. If it do happen, I would never choose Science Stream 'coz i don't like what am i studying now. Bored actually. I was reading polarisation of light when I realised I don't even know what am I reading. I just had to know what is it to sit for my A-level exam. How ironic!

Studying arts and music has always been my dream. I wish I was an interior designer or even a studio artist or was in some kind of punk band, rather than being a well-known scientist. I wanted to jam like a real band in my life. That's my dream. Sure, I quit my piano lesson when i was 11. But I regret it ever since I do so. If I hadn't, I would have probably sit for my grade 8 exam last year. It feels like someone have just taken my soul away. My happy soul. Then since PMR, I vowed to take music lessons again. This time I chose classic guitar and I never regret since. A friend of mine gave me a broken electric guitar. It's now being repaired so I can play with it after A-Level. Now that's something I'm looking forward to.

And as for my arts... Well, when I was 5, I won a 5th place for an Aladdin colouring competition organised by Maybank. In Primary 5, I entered a My Beautiful Malaysia competition, again hosted by Maybank(why is it always this bank?). I draw a beautiful sunset (from a child's sense) and sent it in just on the due date. I didn't won. But they sent me an official letter to invite me to the Finals in KL. Then I realise it was actually a nationwide children drawing competition and I'm in! Because I don't have the confidence to win, so I rejected to go to KL. Maybank, however, did give me RM 100 as a token of participation. It may not be a lot, but I was overjoyed on the fact that someone do appreciate what am I doing. Someone actually like what I draw. I still keep the official letter you know. Haha, the childish side of me!

When my junior UEC result came out, I just had my eyes on my arts subject. I was happy that I got an A for it. It means a lot to me. I don't care about my Maths and Science. Lols, I'm not bragging. It's just a sense of accomplishment that I willl never forget in my life. Of course you all have something you can do better than others right? Everyone does.

I listened to Cardinal Avenue's Happy(Modern Love) this morning and was busy flipping Junk Magazine, a regional music magazine, instead of my Physics book. Then I realised I don't even know why I feel that I wanted my photo in this very magazine maybe ten years from now. I wanna be the featured artist, I want to be interviewed by papparazi! I wanna produce an album that comprises the punk/rock songs and jazz songs that I whipped out. Lols, I'm mad now! It's something I craved for. Yet it seems so far away from me now...
Give me a sketch book and colour pencils, or even a brand new electric guitar to test whether it's out of tune and I'll be in heaven. You won't get anywhere if you want me to read science books.

Lols. Sometimes, I just feel like I want to dump everything and hide in a place where no one can find me. Yet, I still have to live on. Yeah, yeah I know... I don't have to stressed my self out if I don't like what I'm studying.


I'm still gonna continue to take Environment Science since I've already give my word for it. I choose Environment Science 'coz it's a bit of Biology, Geography, Chemistry and Statistics. Yes, I do like Statistics and Geography mind you.... And I still like Biology. I like to read food chains, pollution, ecosystems and stuffs. Just not some polaroid, superposition of waves, Group VII, man I'm gonna go paranoid at this rate!!!

Gotta go. Gettin' a migraine now. I broke the no-touching-the computer-before-A-Level-is-over rule again... So guys, can you please tell me what am I fighting for? 'Coz I'm kinda befuddled.


P.S. Check out the popfolio player I've just uploaded for songs I 'm currenly listening to: Cardinal's Avenue- Happy(Modern Love) 'coz it rocks!!! Estrella's Stay is not bad too but this is not the original version.

6 comments:

yog said...

hey..first of all..science is not boring! lol..imagine yourself being a doctor, saving people's lives..sure i'm not studying science to become a scientist..who wants to become a scientist..so lame..so boring..lol..

well for sure everyone has their own dream..some get to go for it but some don't..and reality doesn't always go along with dream..yea something like that lol..but if u seriously dont like science..then perhaps choose architecture or interior design in uni like u said..at least u wont regret when u graduate the course..go for the things u like if possible..and of course if ur parents allow u to do so =P

yea right?? being the featured artist on magazine and being tracked by paparazzi..but not as musician..as a supermodel or an actor sth..like brad pitt, tom cruise whatever..haha..but since u like music then get it rollin' baby! lol..dream big is not a bad thing..maybe i'll see u being featured on Rolling Stones or whatever magazine one day in the future..haha..

anyway..i totally agree that physics sucks..chemistry is still fine though XD

ya lo..you've broken the rule like so many times..so wish u luck in ur A-level..haha..

Crazygtown31 said...

yog>> no!!! physics does not sucks!!! chemistry is worse!!! i just happened to read on polarisation of light yesterday...

haha... i guess i m just tired of studying the same thing all over again. it's so frustrating you know, yogurt!!! i was just thinking that how my life would be if i choose arts, instead of science. i kept thinking about it, for more than 3 years.

haha, once i earn some cash, i would build a music studio in my mansion (if i have one :P) and i can have a few friend to come over and jam!!! haha... maybe i'll even have an art gallery. lols.

Anonymous said...

hey couz... found ur blog thru ur pm on ur msn lol...

u listen to local music too? that's good... estrella is good, keep supporting local bands =)

neway, we all have our passion n all... but sometimes it doesn't correlate with the reality... if u really want to get into the music industry, then fight for it with all ur heart :)

but by being in there, things are not necessarily stable knowing how our music scene is being looked down at all the time...

so i'd suggest, go jam ur guitar all u want while ure getting a degree... after u graduate, then get into music loh... :)

neway, shud stop babbling now. keep writing ah... tc...

Crazygtown31 said...

helllloooo couz!!!

why u comment on this post? it's so old. lols!!! ya i like estrella. i like the special jazzy type of rock music. (dunno wat i m talking bout:P)the song i like the worst is their Stay. God, it's so good!!! But, i've lost the song when i accidentally washed my sony ericsson phone in the washing machine... sob...

haha, too late... i olready made up my mind to become earth's savior. i will have a band room in my future hse.

btw, where r u studying now?

Anonymous said...

Haha i post on this comment cuz this is a heartfelt post lah bah :P

Hahaha, nvmlah just study while playing ur guitar... After u get a job, then only u think of music loh, as a part-time...

Yeah, i was planning to get a music room for myself too when i get the house n all the bling bling ching ching... Since i have some basic instruments dy, the next thing to get is just bass n drums for my buddies to jam... it's all a dream now tho XP

Now I'm studying in UMS loh, hehehe. Marine science :)

What lah u, Environmental Sc how to save the world?? U want to save the world u take up Meteorology or Sustainable Engineering mah... Env Sc is more to exposing more to the world about the collapse of Mother Earth! U'll do heaps of research that :P Haha nolah just pulling ur leg...

^_^

Crazygtown31 said...

haha... what u meant by the blog bling ching ching? diamonds??? which music instrument u play anyway?

as in now? marine science. haha i used to thought of studying dat but changed my mind in the end.

meterology is weather thing... hw cn i study dat? haha.