Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Island Adventure ( Day 1 - 4)

Introduction: Purely based on my memory and no pics to assist me on this...


Day 1 (7 Dec, Sunday)- Woke up at 4.30 a.m. and surprise, surprise... Had take-away breakfast at Drive Thru. Why am I not surprised? Check in at Terminal 2. Had a strange feeling when I saw the plane bound for Sandakan. I remembered CKB told me he was flying on 7 Dec. the same day as my flight. I was wondering would it be. Nah, didnt even see dat guy with his sis. But I did met Jamie Gan. Wow, she's going to Penang in the same flight as mine with her grandma. It's been so long since I last saw her. And she happened to come from Penang as well. It's a small world after all, I started singing to myself... Lols! Quite an unexpected surprise. Haha! Board the flight. Some stupid guy jump the queue during boarding. Idiots!

Oh my, I feel drowsy during the flight 'coz the last thing I remembered. My hp was dead 'coz I washed it down in the washing machine for 30 mins! Stupid me. Now I have to suffer the consummate, unbearable consequences of my half-witted engagement. 2.5 hours... Plane sickness... the horror of having nothing to do...

Got off the plane at about 10.00 a.m. sumthing. Went to eat near the airport. My lunch actually... Lousy chicken rice. The rice was soft and mushy as if it was cooked purely for the senior citizens on that island. My uncle dropped us off at our hotel, Tanjung Bunggah Hotel. Not too shabby on the outside... But the interior design and overall facilities in our room was a bit mismatch to its picturesque beach and lobby.

What the hell? Check in at 3p.m? Another 3 hours away? In the end, we visited Granny's house. Oh man! She can't recall me at first 'coz she is suffering from Alzeimer disease. Grandpa looks fine as usual... It's so hot that I have melted the second I stepped off the cozy lobby of the hotel. I like Penang, seriously I do but the weather and traffic are another things in the sack... The sun was just so strong... Eddie would never made it here. Wakaka!

Dinner took place in Siam Express in Gurney Plaza at Gurney Drive of course... It was late, around 8.30p.m. 'coz there's a major, major traffic jam going on down town. My stomach is burning as if the entire collection of the strongest acids in IS chemistry lab poured on it. Oh my good lord... It hurts... After that we went shopping. I had nothing to buy actually. Especially after the unfortunate event that took place when my mom dropped in Wawasan Plaza to shop alone. Incubus of hell!


Day 2 (8 Dec, Monday)- I just love Monday! Buffet breakfast at the hotel! Oh I just love it! Lots of things to choose from. Bacons, eggs, toast, jam, noodles, porridge, juice you name it... Except one thing I dun like: people seem to be gluttons and have developed ravenous appetite all of a sudden since it's free for hotel guests. They piled their plates and bowls with mountains of toast and three eggs for every glutton in the house. And they leave at least half of it untouched. That's too much in my opinion.

Went to Gurney AGAIN at around 10 a.m. How many time did I come here? I dunno... I lost count actually... Saw a brilliant laptop that I'm eager to get my hands on. Bought a handydrive dunno for whatever the reason is... When I was flipping books in MPH, saw a lunatic man with ponytail. why would I say he is loony? He was sitting on the carpet floor, flipping the engineering books and was reading out loud! I mean real loud. Everyone was startled. And he stinks! As if he didnt bath for many days... Some of the panicking moms grab their children and went the opposite direction. Anyway, bought a real cute b'day card and thesaurus here.

Had lunch at Chicken Rice Shop. Not rili a fan of it but I like the dessert though. Lols! Honestly it is! Shop some more after that. There's no way we could finish shopping here in one day. 'Coz there's 8 floors in the shopping mall!

My dad has this brilliant idea of inviting some of my aunts and uncles to a dinner at Bukit Tambun, near Batu Kawan and Simpang Ampat. As usual, dinner is late again 'coz one of my uncle misheard the place to meet. That's fine as dinner is a fun and happy occasion^^ Maybe 'coz I stay in Sabah for too long, I often feel detached with my relatives, whom mostly roam in West Malaysia. Nevertheless, I feel so happy to be able to see everyone again. And we keep exchanging news, or is it mom and dad doing all the information exchanging thing? Hmm... Confusing... Haha!


Day 3 (9 Dec, Tuesday)- Skipped my buffet breakfast. Went to Tesco and subsequently Queensbay Mall. Queensbay Mall is at Bayan Baru for those of you who don't know. So it is quite far from the hustle and bustle of George Town. Kinda like 1 Borneo in KK. But it is way better to shop here. Simply coz there are more shops here and the shop assistants are much more helpful. Had lunch at the food court in Tesco. It was almost 3p.m. and we ran out of option anyways. My first time to order yong tau foo so I add this and that, costing a total of RM 8. Lols! It's really delicious. Had afternoon in Taiwan Bull in Queensbay Mall. Oh man, the beef noodle is really delicious! You guys gotta try it if you got the opportunity to.

Went to visit Granny around 6p.m. Executing RSTVP on the TV in the her hse. What?! You don't know what is RSTVP? It's Random Switching of TV programme... Lols! And we took turns to sit on my granny's Ogawa massage chair. Or is it I boss them away to sit on the fat chair? Haha!

Went home at 10 p.m. But our hotel is at Tanjung Tokong (dat's at the northeast of the island. penang bridge is on east side), so it took us a good 1 and a half hour to reach there. Swt...

Day 4 (10 Dec, Wednesday)- Had buffet breakfast dat morning. Kinda hate it now. Not b'coz the food is horrible but the mobs behaviour on the table. No table manners at all. A guy even leave his plate of noodle, three eggs, sausages, bacon and and fruits untouched and left the restaurant. I felt sad and angry when the waitress proceed to emptied the plate.

Went to Summit Hotel in Bukit Mertajam to get uni brochures for my sis. Seems so fast she is 17 olready. Have to make decisions on her own from now. Lols! Had beef noodle at a stall under a big tree. Gastric again 'coz it was at 3 p.m!

Zoom to Taiping Zoo in Taiping of course in just 1 hour to visit some animals. Perhaps to find a cage to lock up the "Lion". Wakaka! Had a tour around the zoo for Lots of queer animals I've never seen before. Golden-haired gibbons, Musang Jebat, lots of owls, flamingo, monkeys, lion king, crocodiles, zebras, giraffes, giant fish called Ariwana, sun bears that doesnt look cute at all, a stupid camel that stuck its enormous head inside a small cage as if it would fit... Lols! And of course etc... I like the camel. Haha! It's surprisingly huge, even a zebra is quite large actually. I always thought they are about the size of horses we see in KK. It's bigger and fatter and it has cute buttocks. Lols!

Again zoom back to Penang. My dad was driving 100 km per hour when the speed limit is 110 km per hour. Oh man! So slow! Wanna grab the steering wheel away from him and drive the car myself! Even though I dun have driver's ed yet. Can imagine my life in the future. for sure I'll be in the fast lane and ended up paying summons every month. Haha...

Had dinner at the same restaurant on Day 2... Swt... 'Coz mom wanna buy souvenirs from the convenience shop. Those tausa and water chestnut bun... Swt...


That's all for the first four days. Had black pepper steak just now. Feel so full. Guess my mom cooked that coz she knw i dun like chinese special occasion dishes. Lols! Anyway, stay tuned for the following one hundred and twenty hours aka five days!

No comments: