Thursday, November 20, 2008

What If (Wish You Were Here)

I stared upon,
whilst seeking,
essence of love;
Two faced-down cards,
of equal allurement,
begging for consideration of mine.

For dwelling years,
indecisive,
drenched in pain of resolvement.
Yet, minds made,
"Nothing but this!", Cruelty and Merciless,
boomed in unison;
a doomed curse,
sealing itself over my destiny.
A forced verdict,
"Unspeakably impossible!", I pleaded,
over the panel of jury.

I hesitate,
and hesitate some more;
A gypsy ladies cup my secret wish;
For I know,
ultimate fate of abandonment,
the piercing sword,
should my lips decide,
the counterpart I opt,
to keep,
safely in my pocket.

A resolved determination tattooed in heart,
A drawn conclusion,
on the chalk board;
Farewell bid,
the closer one,
I apologize to you.
"You'll be sorry!", it shrieked,
finally vanishing,
into the darkness of eternity.

Praying all my might,
Faith stacked as high as I can reach,
a glimmer of hope in a star I placed.
Hands outstretched,
to reach,
the more attractive one,
far across the table.

A crushed hope,
is all there is,
beaten and depressed.
Bottle of Summer Wine,
emptied,
unsavoured.
I long to hear from you,
Song of Somelia!
Yet,
still unheard of,
basking in the evening heat,
of sombre and remorse,
slipping away as quicksilver,
through my wriggling fingertips.

Disappointment can't be vanquished,
an impossible task,
a seemingly undefeated kamikaze plane,
rising steadily,
above the horizon.
Of unhealed anguish and broken karma,
is what i meant.

And one will always wonder,
result of the squalling card,
if one ever had;
A triumphed King, a sorrowful Jack,
Or perhaps a gleeful Ace?

3 comments:

Connie said...

it reminds me about SPM english literature.. hahaa.. although i dun understand 1/10 of the words, but i think i know what u wish to convey.. wakaka.. dun play cards.. play UNO

Eddie said...

i dun understand @.@ =P

Crazygtown31 said...

eddie, it's supposed to b a love poem >.<