Sunday, April 12, 2009

11:42 AM

I felt so ashamed of myself when I woke up at 11:42 AM today. It has happened for 4 days. I dunno why I can't wake up at 8 AM. Mission impossible to this lazy soul.

Wished I woke up more early to study or do something useful. Yet, it's hard for me to sleep before 3 AM. For these past few days, I slept at around 3.30 AM which was deleterious to my health.

Take last night for example, I was gonna sleep at 1 AM as I was feeling a bit drowsy. Yet, some stupid idiots in the flat opposite my room were having a midnight tea party, with the only beverages served to be alcohol. Clinging sound of beer bottles colliding. Chit-chating about random stuffs (trust me, it's not hard to eavesdrop). Alternating bass boomed through my room for a good 45 minutes. Goodness! It's already 1 AM. Imagine if it's at my neighbourhood, I would have picked up my phone and file a complaint against these absent-minded party-goers.

That did happen once before: when some stupid UMS students lodging opposite of my house partying till 12AM during Mooncake Festival. The girls were screaming loudly as if they've been molested or something. Frustrated 'coz I couldn't study, I called the cops whom came in a police car and warned them in 20 minutes. Perhaps other neighbours complained about them too, otherwise why would they rushed into immediate action after only a 18 year-old teenager complained? My neighbourhood is, correction: was, peaceful at night before the UMS students moved in. Under Malaysian Constitution, I supposed it's my right to get some peace and quiet. After all, all their neighbours were asleep, unlike them.

Alas! It's Easter holiday and partying in hostel till 2 AM is permitted. Just as I thought they're gonna toned down around 1:45 AM, an obstentious black guy thought it was a good time to practise his rap. OK, it was nice to have someone rapping outside your room window. But the lyrics was vulgar, packed with rude words at the end of each sentence. He rapped for a good 5 minutes before the voice subsided.

Finally! Some well-deserved peace and quiet... Oops! The poor rappist was vomiting after his grand finale performance. And his mates were like, "Oh no! Oh no!" Zzz... I didn't even want to picture the image outside my window would be. Alcohol shot-putt through 10 meters the garden perhaps. Poor flowers must be on a protest, now if only locomotion was their middle name... Discomfort jolted through my nerves as I tried to sleep, yet the revolting vomiting sound kept echoing through my eardrums. OK, confession time, I was kinda joyful to hear the poor guy vomiting. Uh-huh, serves you right for singing in the middle of the night, and disrupt my sleep!

Maybe they thought it was uncool to have their mates vomiting like that. Speaking of which, a guy in the camp I attended last month refused others to check on him when he was heavily drunk and vomiting. Maybe their reputation were at stakes here. Weird vibes...

Oh well, glad anyways. Unfortunately after that, I couldn't sleep and was pacing around my room, agitated before Mr. Sleepy found me at around 3.30 AM.

1 comment:

Boon said...

WOW...SEEMS LIKE U are kinda of like a sleeper huh?

fransly one...i slp 5hour per day...which mean i hate slp one...
i rather do others things than slpin...