Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shopping Frenzy

I think I’m frenetic. I must be. I went out for music class today and concluded up by spending some RM 350 on two clothes, one pair of jeans, a cargo pants and four pair of socks in Wawasan Plaza and 1 Borneo. Talk about unwanted overspending… These past 2 months has evolved into some kind of bargain frenzy hunting months for me.

Yesterday I was chatting with my friend and was telling her I don’t do shopping and yet today… I mean, when people go shopping they ended up buying lots of items. When I go shopping, I came home with renewed thoughts about this activity. For instance you know everyone go to supermarket to buy food. And when I see individuals with their shopping trolleys with heaps of junk food, instant noodle, carbonated drinks, anything that is not salt, butter and rice that is more than enough to feed the entire Malaysian army, I would automatically start to think: Uh oh, are these people are for real?

Consequently I would think of these overspending mobs as a huge contributor to pollution because all the wrappers of junk food and instant noodle would be useless after everything inside them was disposed off into their stomach. I can’t help it!!! It’s so robotic of me to do that… That’s why environment science suits me I reckon.

Everyone is so materialistic now. All the supposed relationship are based on expensive luxuries and basically items are the measure of how depth a relationship is. Take an example, a guy who is supposed to propose to his long-loved girlfriend would buy a big-ticket 8 carat diamond ring or jewellery to show his everlasting love. Parents attempt to make up for their neglected quality time with their children during weekdays by taking them out to shopping complexes in weekends and buy lots of stuffs for their children. So this will make the children regard their parents as their mobile ATM which eventually take them for granted.

Not to mention the upcoming Chinese New Year where you will find yourself stuck in the chaos of clothes hunting and festive goods seeking. This is exactly what happen to me today. I was only looking for jeans for uni and was without knowingly join into some kind of shopping mad parade, wondering what the commotion is all about.

Seriously, we Malaysians do have the uncanny natural ability to shop. People working on weekdays are thinking how to spend their well-earned money in shopping malls on the upcoming weekends. Everyone literally live and breathe on the clause “shop till you drop dead” in the rulebook. You’d get rid of whatever’s in your closet to squeeze more newly bought garments into it even though it‘s on the verge of collapsing. You’ll get to want new stuffs more and more even though you have more than enough.

Don’t be shock by all these uproar I‘m typing here. These things are what I contemplate of when I off for shopping. Oh man, call the shrink in town to come down and have a good look at me. I’m so odd and aloof when I go shopping. I seem to like to observe people in shops, analyze their behaviour and then attempt to draw my own set of conclusion about their personality and often find myself trying to read their minds without consciousness.

And what’s the perfect place to do it? Shopping complexes obviously. Those of you around me probably don’t know about this. But most probably I can assure you that I did try to read your mind before at least once. And I would do something about it with this new-found knowledge. One of my Miss Hyde characteristics. Yes, I am scary. Don’t tell me about it…

So my smart friend told me that people are shopping for items and I am shopping for thoughts. Yes, this is very true. I practically shop for some sort of spiritual connection and mind-reading sessions ;)

2 comments:

yog said...

you are.....spiritual..loll..
what can i say, it's one of the natures of human being to shop! and hey i like that clause "shop till you drop dead" lol thats funny xD

Crazygtown31 said...

Haha, I always think of those stuff when I go shopping. hence I find shopping to be very boring sometimes.