Friday, January 9, 2009

Update of A Boring Life (trust me it will get better)

I woke up today and found a piece of note on my study table (my temporary computer table).

It was written in red ink:

Jiaming

Please organise your items for your trip to Australia.
- Clothes
- Books
- etc.

Stop playing your computer and surfing unnecessary or immediate effect will be executed.

Daddy

Oh great, daddy's finally giving his lazy-slacking daughter a notice. Finally something exciting is gonna happen today. I dunno if I'm mad but I'm glad to keep the notice.

My life is kinda boring now. No school = my biological clock was all upside down. I was watching late-night TV programme yesterday because I had bouts of insomnia. The only exciting thing that happened yesterday was getting bitten by mosquitoes and got a nasty papercut when I was tidying up my study table. Dunno why a simple mosquito bite could cause my arm to become so itchy and swollen.

Almost every week I'm waiting for Wednesday. 'Coz that's the day CSI Miami was broadcasted. The rest of the week had to be dragged along. Couldn't play basketball this week 'coz practically every late afternoon was showered by the "kind" mother nature.

I decided to read some books for this seemingly boring and uneventful holiday. Namely Principles of Environment Science and An Engineering Approach to Thermodynamics (don't gag). Perhaps I'll cook something every now and then. I just learned how to cook lamb chop on Tuesday. Yes, I'm going it again today but this time I'm doing the marinating. Will be ready in 1 hour, my lamb chop ;) Yummy! Wish me luck on the book thing.

Might as well start packing the stupid luggage. Oh man, what should I bring? There's so many and it's still a bit early... Once again, I will dilly-dally till the last minute of doom.

Here's a piece of Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS) info I obtained from my agent titled WHAT CAN'T I TAKE INTO AUSTRALIA.

Must be declared or beware section includes:
1. Daily and egg product such as milk, cheese, yogurt, sandwiches containing cheese, egg products that contain more than 10% of egg e.g. mayonnaise (sheesh who would bring this into the plane anyways?), noodles, pasta and so on.

2. Animal products such as all uncanned meat including fresh, dried, frozen, cooked, smoked, salted or preserved - from all animal species, sausages, salami, sliced meats, airline food, pet food, rawhide articles and handicrafts including drums.

3. Live animals include like all animals? God they even include crustacean and amphibians...

4. Plant material including potted plants and bare-rooted ones, banana products e.g. souvenirs made from banana leaf (Lols!), souvenirs made or filled with straw, including Thai cushions?

5. Seeds and nuts. Cereal grains, popping corns, raw nuts, pine cones, birdseed, unidentified seeds, commercially-packed seeds, ornaments including seeds, airline snacks.

6. All fresh fruits or vegetables.

Who knows there will be so much banned stuffs. I was thinking of bringing two of the above listed items. Sadly, they're not gonna pass through the Aussie custom now. Looks like you're gonna be staying in KK forever, my dear pitcher plant and guitar.

5 comments:

Eddie said...

So good!!! Your dad is so nice! I wish my father will place that note for me...with "AUSTRALIA" word big big haha.

When are you going?

Boon said...

lol...
so nice dude...
(envious =.=)

Crazygtown31 said...

haha. b'coz the private uni in malaysia dun have the course i wan, CKB. i cnt possibly get an offer in local uni. so i have to study in australia, otherwise i have to change to psychology or completely change to art stream by studying interior design. other than these 3 i dun wan to study. since psychology is not very suitable for me because of certain personal reasons, environment sci is the only option for me in science stream. u r going to uk rite? why do you envy me?

oh. i m leaving in early february, eddie ;)

yog said...

why not guitar? it doesn't seem to appear on the AQIS list oh well pitcher plant..lol..
good luck with the packing..it's annoying indeed..

Crazygtown31 said...

is it? but it's still a wood article. the last thing i wan is them confiscating my precious guitar.