Sunday, March 8, 2009

Flare Up

A delightful dinner tonight with rice and steamed pak choi and garlic prawns. (I still wonder why my parents label me as a lazy kid who can't cook. Hello! Of course I can. I'm just too lazy and modest to show off my skills. Lols!)

What could possibly go wrong this time? Instant flash: my last lost battle with the stubborn pokey fork on Wednesday. The horror and lost dignity remains...

Instead, home-cooked meals can be equally deadly these days... Still can't figure out what went wrong? The prawns!!! I bought it from Wooley at $6 for 250g, thinking a seafood meal would be a nice change to red-meat diet. And so I cooked Tom Yam the day before and nothing went wrong. I just knew things were just too good to be true. Something was obviously wrong when I felt my lips were swollen after 30 minutes of dinner activity. Like being bitten by a large mosquito... How could this happen? I ate 5 yesterday and nothing went wrong at all. I just had 2 for dinner... Hello!!!

Jiaming: Stupid white blood cells (aka Basohphils), why do you have to flare up every time I ate some unclean fat prawns? Don't you know Eosinophils have to work double shifts to mop up the histamine you flare up as you like around my body???

Stupid white cells: (unison) 'Coz we don't like those fat ugly C-shaped orange-stripe marine creatures lurking around... We hate 'em!!!

Jiaming: *sigh and double sigh*

Haiz... The basophils are obviously some stupid white blood cells to have around your body. Besides histamine-ing around as they like, they also spray heparine here and there... Other than prevent blood clot in your blood vessels, they are not really helpful when fighting against lethal pathogens... In the case of mine, don't ever try to offend these sensitive tiny cells. (Stupid white blood cells: HEY!!! Who you're calling TINY??!!!)

Another food I can definitely put in the allergy list is Nectarine... Had it 3 weeks ago in my aunt's house.... It will have the same lip swollen and scratching here and there effects. Small and evil...

I've been scratching my lips, limbs and hair the moment I started to do some assignments 3 hours ago. It's so bloody irritating!!! Arrghh!!! I'm going to bed...

5 comments:

Eddie said...

LOL! This is FUNNY!!! Too bad I sucks at BIO ;(

Boon said...

same like me...
but sumthing different is...
i cant eat duck...
and my eye will swollen...XD

Crazygtown31 said...

haha! dat's why bio is fun. it's a shame you drop the subject, eddie...

oww, can't eat duck? i think u mentioned it b4 in ur blog. it's really yummy! in fact, it's my favourite poultry. chicken sucks! i still wonder why so much people like to eat chicken. the taste is terrible. i would prefer succulent roasted duck over some badly fried chicken any time. too bad you can't eat it. better luck next time?

Eddie said...

Nonono...Its not that I drop bio. I never studied Bio before...My secondary school's class don't have bio. Its subbed with account ;(

*same here!!! Chicken sucks!!! for some unknown reason, I hate chicken! Not all but mostly. I do eat certain types of chicken depending on how they are cooked. chicken fillet is not bad.

Same goes to ducks as well...depends on how its cooked =p

Crazygtown31 said...

ur secondary skol dun have Bio? *jaw dropped* then wat other subject u took? accounting?

yeah chicken sucks! lols! glad to fiind someone who doesnt like to eat chicken^^