Hmmm... Things are definitely odd today. It's Wednesday and if y'all dun knw, this is the day in the calender dat I no longer waiting for. Why?
1. It's the busiest day in my weekly calender, with lectures running high from 8.30 a.m. till 6.30 p.m. (with a 3 hours break of coz)
2. CSI Miami is missing.
3. CSI Miami is not in any of the Aust channels, from channel 4 to channel 10.
4. There's no interesting TV program that can replace CSI Miami every Wednesday.
HELLO?! A girl only wants her CSI here. Sigh... I miss the show a lot. When it's Wednesday, it's so robotic to have Horaitio Caine and his CSI team on my head the whole day. And sometimes in July, August, AXN is gonna broadcast the entire SEASON 7 SERIES!!! Damn!
OK, enough with that. Let's get on down to blogging. Oh well, I woke up at 7.30 a.m. and went to lecture. Nothing special EXCEPT the weird weather. The gloomy, grey overcast looms and hovers about since Tuesday which was weird 'coz Aust is a country severely lacking in cloud formation and hence rain drops...
And so I went for my PEC144 tutorial. I was supposed to hunt for a room call SC 3.040. So I went to the Social Science building. Halfway through looking around for the room, I was suddenly snapped back to reality. What the heck?! I'm supposed to be looking a room with the name SC, not one whose name starts with SS (Social Science, dun laugh...). So I rushed to the Science and Computing Building. And I did mention in my previous post dat this is a building dat you can definitely hopelessly lost in.
I went to Level 3 and a boy wants through coz I was blocking his way in front of the staircase exit. I was like: Hello?! Can't you see a girl is trying hard to figure out which room her tutorial is gonna be?! Sheesh! Anyway, found the room coz I took a gut feeling to follow this guy, thinking he might lead me to the correct room. Bingo! He did. Nothing much happen in the tutorial.
Here's the fun part, I was talking to a friend after tutorial as we both exited the building when suddenly... A throbbing pain sensation on my right heel. Oh man! At a time like dis? I got like 6 hours lecture to go to today!!! I put on a brave face and told her I need to go to library to do some pre-reading. Not even 3 minutes of reading I was in agony. I need my support and medicine like flowers need sunshine... Have to go back to hostel to get 'em
Of course!!! I forgot to wear my ankle support the night before and since it's a colder day compared to others, the pain was automatically switched on. How could I forget something essential as dat? My other friend whom i met on the way back to hostel to hunt for desparate medicine was like: what the hell is wrong with you? I told her the story and she was like... Then she cheerfully announced like a weather girl dat today is gonna rain. I put on a smirking grin and looked at her face. Hell no it's not gonna rain today! I've been here for almost a month and it's only rain once! And it was a 20 minute drizzle!!!
Then after 40 minutes or so, I walked back to campus for my 2nd lecture. Here's another freaky part: 80% of the people today are wearing jumper or anything of dat kind. I was even baffled... Is there some kind of conspiracy going on in this uni? How come I'm the only person not wearing one?! Even all the caucasians who was presumed by asians to be totally tolerant to cold weather! Some of the girls even shivered and their hands was clasping their steaming paper cups of coffee! Lols! And I didn't feel cold at all! In fact, it was kinda nice to stand and be blown by the cold breeze. So soothing... And So 2 hours of Life and the Universe lecture began...
In a 10 minutes break in between, I felt an urge to go to the washroom. And once I stepped out of KEBLT, it's actually RAINING!!! Raining is really a rare event in Aust weather except winter. I was thinking of the wonderful prospect of my weather-girl amigo at the local weather report station. She's gonna have a smooth sail in dat career, yet she's doing some kind of animal science. What a waste!
And so after this lecture, I meekly went to LBLT which was 80 meters away, walking in the drizzling rain. As we waited outside, a loving couple thought it was a perfect oppurtunity to hug and kiss. I dun knw wat happen but in my mind was: Dude! Come on, kiss her harder! Where's the passion in it? Lols! Don't laugh!
The Environment Science lecture today was really hard for me. The title? Geology and Soil of the Swan Coastal Plain. It's not that the lecture was hard but it was kinda hard to imagine the different soils look like. I mean I'm stuck in Malaysia for so long and I've never come across anything like it before. The rock-olgy term was harsh on me. Igneous rock, sedimentary rock, lateritic soils, Darling Plateau, Yilgarn Craton, Regolith, Dolerite, Gneiss, and the list goes on... It was really hard for me coz it was like a Australian Geography lecture. Not dat geography was hard, but trust me, I didn't know there's so many kinds of alien-like soil in here.
For 2 hours, I was lost. Need to jot down notes yet the slides was going too fast and impaired by the fact I'm tad bit attention spam plagued mortal dat I gave up on the attempt after 20 minutes. I was sitting miserably in the chair and watching everyone writing their notes diligently as if they understood everything. Dat's a very bad feeling. You know what's the worst part of Env Sci to me is? I dun have any buddy around here. I'm like the only Asian here and most of my classmates composed of Aussie which some are not exactly friendly. My feeble attempts to make friends with 2 unfriendly aussie girls in orientation weeks still haunts me, obviously... If I was the one initiate conversation, I must have pumped in a lot of courage to do dat coz I'm really freaked out of any kind of socialing thing... And since The Horror, I was never the same again... Lols!
2 hours of utter misery and illusoriness of considering my course selection. 2 hours on reflecting whether I've selected the right course. After all, not many Asian girls took this odd course in Aust... 2 hours of I-Wish-I-Have-Some-Kind-Of-Buddy-Around-This-Class. To put myself out of misery, I'm hallucinating wildly for the rest of the lecture as I'm high on marijuana.
Lunch was on 1430 hours and I met the weather girl again (must have be destined to meet her sooner or later again since uni is such a large world) and her Mauri friend who was gonna skip PEC140 to do PEC144 as well... Explain to her what she should be doing to secure a place duriing lunch. Anyway after lunch, went back to hostel to grab my Life and the Universe tutorial book. Then I realised I didn't do the pre-reading of the week: The Gods of Mars!!! Crap!!!
I download the 7 pages of the short stories and literally finish it 13 minutes (it was really fast alright). Not bad actually. Wanna read the whole book when I'm free :) And rushed out of my room, good grief! It's pouring rain now!!! I brought my umbrella and walked to EH3.050.
As usual, tutorial needs active participation which I'm not good in. I and the Marine Science boy were silent during the whole course of discussion. Then it was group work. I was teamed up with 2 girls: an Aussie and another suspiciosly like a European (France or some other non-English speaking country).
Then we have to do a best Notes Taking Sample from today's lecture. The European was writing it down while we read it to her. Technically, it was the Aussie who is doing most of the reading. I was lazying around coz I forgot to bring the morning's notes. The note-writer was so totally ignoring me when I told her the certain full sentences of the subnotes. I was like: Dumb bitch! Look at me when I'm talking to you!!! She was ignoring me the whole time! She was only making eye-contact with the aussie girl when she's discussing the work and not looking at me at all!!! Yo, idiot! I'm your group member and dun you exclude me from any group discussion just b'coz I didnt bring my notes over. No eye-contact of any kind, I swear!
If I had my a temper, I would have just slammed the entire thick collection of her proud notes on her snobbish face and stormed out of the room... Which was a miracle I didn't but I was very unhappy with the treatment she gave me. Unfair! The thoughts of unhappiness surrounded me as I walked out of the room after class. It was not raining now. It was sunny as if the sun was telling me to cheer up over the entire unpleasant memories...
Once I reached home, I tossed my bag aside and proceed to my darling laptop. After chatting a while and checking my mails which was flooded again, I went to kitchen to fix myself dinner. Dinner was a garden salad, with grapes, crumbled cheese and salmon pieces with a glass of cold apple juice. Halfway gobbling down my dinner as if I'm a goat, my flatmate invited me to the Rec room to watch a movie. Normally, I would pass 'coz I'm not a movie-goer but I agreed today. Probably I'm just too stressed and tired to put in any work for the evening. Robert must be a lucky guy. Haha!
Everyone in the Rec room was wearing jumpers again except me. What's going on? Is Wednesday a jumper day? My flatmates even asked me why I'm not wearing one. I stared at them blankly and said I'm not feeling very cold and one of them was like: wow! you're a strong girl! Well, excuse me, is 26 degree Celsius max and 21 degree Celsius minimum a cold temperature? Weird... Even the cold breeze could have been colder... Maybe I'm just a cold-resistant but heat-intolerant girl? Hey, some adorable people even brought pillow and blanket along for the movies! Ohhh, so sweet... Why haven't I thought of dat? Oh wait, I'm not a movie-goer, I frowned to myself, how am I supposed to know?
Not a bad movie. A poor Indian boy and his pitiful life in Mumbai. Sigh... After 2 hours of movie, I walked back. And here comes the breeze again. I was shivering slightly as I walked back to my flat and finished up my poor lonely salad in the fridge and playing with my laptop... Dat's all! Bb...
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment