All I can say after about what unfolded today was: "Thank goodness I remembered to wear my lucky outfit to lecture today :)"
1. I got advance standing in Chemistry!!! Yeah!!! How did this happen? Well first of all, I went to PEC140 Introduction to Chemistry lecture this morning at 8.30 a.m, anticipating another day of lecturing from... lecturers. OMG, i was gonna faint. You won't believe what the lecturer was teaching: John Dalton's Atomic Theory... ZZZ... Didn't I learn this like 4 years ago? Time sure flies, so does my youth and everything that spells I'm young.
Anyway, since I missed both Monday (it was a misunderstading) and Wednesday (I skipped to attend another seemingly more important lecture) lecture, I would have to get a hardcopy of unit info from my tutor. He, being a professor and all, had forgotten to bring and invited us four waiting ducks to go to his office to get it. So we followed him obediently to his office Chemical and Mathematical Building. Take note of this menanicingly big building, could be in a big risk of getting lost if running late for labs.
After each person receiving the copy, a brainchild was generating itself in my head. I went ahead and asked professor whether I would get advance standing if I had a Chemistry background...
2. I joined my first but it actually was the third PEC144 Chemical Principles lecture of the week two hours later. Ok, this lecture was more like it. At least some EMR, spectra and photon and stuffs to leave my poor head puzzled what the heck is going on. But soon, my mind was far away from lecture again as usual... And how did this happen?
Well, after talking to the professor to transfer to PEC144, he referred me to another of his colleague for a possible Chemistry Diagnostic Test. So I raced back to my hostel, grabbed whatever certification I can get my hands on and raced back to find the supposed colleague of his. I even brought my Intro to Chem textbook just in case he really wanted me to sit for the test, I might as well asked to be excused for a 30-minutes cramming of Chem stuffs before sitting for the tests... I found the other professor and stated my condition. He asked for a look at my certs, so I gave all my UEC, A-Level (statement) and SPM nonsense to him... He was puzzled when he read my UEC and A-Level cert and he asked me if it was the UK Cambridge one. I was like yeah... How many cambridges are there I shud know anyways? He said he could put me in PEC144 if he can prove I did get a B in A-Level Chem.
But then he saw the magic Cambridge A-Level logo at the bottom of my statement of result and was like," I can definitely put you in PEC144 now. A-Level covers even more comprehensively than PEC140. Your chem should be strong enough for PEC144 if you really get B in A-Lvl....bla bla (wasn't paying attention again)... " It was as if A-Level was really a rare and extraordinary cert to see in Aust based on his exclamation. Well, level me up then!!! He asked me one of his colleague to get my name and student ID and said I could go for the next PEC144 lecture which was on 11.30 a.m. Boy, I was really happy that I kept beaming around the house when I got back like an idiot. Lols!
3. I got the final required Monday slot for ENV102 lab on week 7. Due to the reset of one of my units, my timetable has to be reshuffled AGAIN. Yes, it's the fifth time I reshuffled it AGAIN. See how many times I capitalise the word AGAIN? Anyway, reshuffling your timetable was the most annoying thing to do especially you keep receiving a pop-up window that gleefully states "Clashes!!!!!" just as you thought you've compiled the flawless timetable you could possibly come up with.
So after reshuffling the damned timetable at least 7 times using the library online facilities after all the lectures of the day, I completed it... but wait, my week 7 ENV102 slot was still missing but other are not, already signed in. Crap, the monday slot I wanted was full!!! I cnt do it on Tuesday morning or afternoon coz I got either occupying lecturers or other labs. So I posted a post on my online unit seeking for someone kind enough to swap lab classes with me.
By the time I came back from library and drank a glass of cold milk (bad for my leg still I always do this, will haunt back at me sumtimes), the monday slot sort of presented itself to me in the most magical way possible and was once again available again. So I hurried to sign myself in. And hey, I'm in!!! The timing couldn't be more sweeter than this. Yeah revenge might be sweet, but this is definitely better than the avenge deal. I even went back to my post in my unit and replied my prayer was answered :)
Yeah!!! Now no more clashes between lectures and labs or anything else... I may have a lot to catch up on PEC 144. But hey, I can deal with it. Came to think of it, if I wasn't brave enough to ask the professor for advance standing, I would never be here... I'm just too shy at most times. It's getting in my ways. Anyway, i'm sure one lucky girl today! Could Thursday be my lucky day as well too? Hehe...
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOLZ, As expected =P A lot of my friends who study at uni says that students from malaysia can skip 1st year or 2nd year study because we already learn it ;) Wuahahahaha
yes. but it is very surprising to me. still their education system is better than ours. at least they are not spoon-feed like ducks. they learn on their own.
Post a Comment