I woke up today, took a quick squint at the alarm clock ( i always do this) and realised there's 10 more minutes so I closed my eyes and was being so reluctant to part with my comfy blanket and bed.
15 minutes later, I woke up again, slightly dazed and went to eat a double chocolate and walnut biscuit and drank a cup of orange juice using my broken mug... Then I realised: OH MY GOD! my Lab Safety for Undergraduates lectures is gonna start in 55 minutes! So I rushed to use the bathroom. After bathing and a quick change of clothes, I look at the clock again. It was 8.35 a.m. Still early. Might as well play a 15 minutes of Far Cry 2 before going to campus...
By the time I finished securing a guard post and a safe house, the clock showed 9.05 a.m. happily and stick its tongue out, singing merrily: you're gonna be late! I grabbed my bag and raced to the RLT.
I tried not to run coz it would look odd if i do so. University student dun run around like idiots. I raced into the lecture theatre and discovered the speaker of the day was halfway giving a speech and the lecture theatre was full. Everyone sort of stared at me and I was blushing 'coz I m punctual all the time that I dunno what to do when I'm actually late. I grabbed a nearest seat and I was deeply mystified: how could everyone be so early today? I was here exactly on 9.15 a.m. and the speaker was already halfway through her speech?
As it happens, I quickly realised that all the people seemed to be carrying olive green lanyards. But my Environment Science school's lanyard is light green in colour. Where's all my env sci classmates? Then I realised another thing: the speaker was telling the exact thing about volunteer program. I was like Hello, earth to idiotic speaker! This is supposed to be a lab safety class, not some volunteering crap...
But soon enough I found another shocking truth: the lab safety thing was supposed to be on 9.45 a.m., not 9.15 a.m. as I presumed. So I get to spend the whole 30 minutes listening to the same thing again. Crap! I could be playing my games for this 30 minutes. And so I was there, stuck with the whole class of biological science and biotechnology student, listening to the same lecture AGAIN. God, I wished I'd paid more attention when I'm reading my timetable. I'm always like this... *ashamed*
It was so boring and irritating. Boring coz it's the same thing. Irritating coz the "guy" sitting beside me kept talking to the other girl sitting beside him. Then when "he" asked a question, I realised he was a she. God! She looks a lot like a transsexual person. Anyone sitting beside her would come to the conclusion that she's a transsexual moron. Something's not very right with that person. She talks loudly to her neighbours, sits in a unappealing manner and basically looks like one of the people who came down from psycho asylum. You know those kind of people like to talk to themselves loudly even though no one is bothering. Argghhh, get out of my sight!
Anyway, after 30 minutes, the speaker left and the lecture theatre door was opened and in came like 80-90 science undergraduates. 70 of them have to stand up 'coz there's no more seat. I was like: thank god! I misread the timetable otherwise I will have stand like them or worse seat on the staircase... I would never wanna look like an idiot in front of all these people.
After that, went to food court to eat. Had a sushi set for AUD 5.80. Totally unappetising. I wrongly presumed that the Lipton bottle with red label was red tea. Instead it was peach! God, wasting all this money for something I'm allergic to? How can I drink this? Still I drink a small fraction of it 'coz i was rili thirsty. I was too lazy to have a replacement of my other choice of beverage from the counter. Three sips of the toxic drink is enough to send me scratching my arms and head scalp for 30 minutes.
Anyway, made myself a kappa maki (cucumber sushi) for dinner with a teapot of piping hot jasmine tea. The sushi was not properly wrapped and the contents keep falling apart, but to my astonishment, my housemate, Robert, said it looks professional. Lols! I even gave half of them to my other housemate, Rusty, coz I cooked too much due to poor judgement...
I've been here for more than a week. I dun rili miss anything in kk. I dun miss my family, i dun miss kk food, i dun miss rice like any other chinese might. But i do miss eating sushi though. I love this food a lot. My mom used to bring me to Hana Japanese Food Restaurant in City Mall after my music class on Sundays. I miss the sashimi, hot green tea and my favourite sushi of all, Tako (octopus sushi). Now, I hardly see any sushi or sashimi. Haiz... Maybe I'll grab one of my village friends to grab a sushi in city sometimes.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow...but its better than standing lar LOLZ
Post a Comment