First of all, I didn't know I have to attend every lecture in a week. I thought I was only supposed to choose any one in the week on the online activity sign up section. Lect 1, Lect 2, Lect 3 and Lect 4, not Lect 1, Lect 2, Lect 3 OR lect 4. I choose the third one which is on Thursday morning.
So now due to this fatal error, I missed my first Intro to Env Sci lecture on Monday... That's OK coz the lectures are recorded and can be downloaded nline. But get this, the part of the lecture recording is misssing coz an electrical problem occur halfway thru the lecture. The important parts... ZZZ...
At first I thought I would have a partial free days on Monday and Friday by just attending lectures for 1 hour in the morning. Then all of that is gone within seconds of unspeakbale horror realisation. Now the only free day is Friday and it's only a partial one coz I'm only free after 12 p.m.
And here's the bigger issue. Due to some kind of administration error, there's been clashes going on between my 2 main core units: Introduction to Chemistry and Introduction to Environment Science. This clash goes on every Wednesday from 1230 to 1300 for the rest of the semester. Yes, I'm gonna miss a lecture every week. There's no other way but to miss one to go for another. About 40 Env Sci students including me are in this quicksilver of missing lectures.
I made up my mind to miss the Introduction to Chemistry lecture every Wednesday to go for the latter one. There's two smart reason for this counter-attack:
1. The Chemistry Syllabus is about the same as A-Level for the first 3 -5 chapters I noticed when I browse my textbook. Maybe it will be harder and brutal in the middle and back I dunno.
2. The Chemistry class is 1 hour long. The Env Sci class goes for 2 hours. It's always better to miss 1 hour to replenish the other two.
Although I shouldn't be so worried about this issue as lecture recordings can be downloaded from internet, still I can't help but be a nervewreck. I'm so highly strung since I came back to my hostel at 2.30p.m. I'm a first year student after all. I've never been to uni before. Skipping Chemistry lecture is like a death sentence to me. Chemistry is amongst my weakest subjects. My chemistry foundation is not very strong. It tends to bend and shatter all the time...
And if I do fail this unit, I won't be able to take the PEC144 Chemical Principles for Environment Science unit for the next semester. PEC144 is an important core unit as all my other year 2 unit depends on passing this PEC 144. PEC 144 is a prerequisite for most year 2 and 3 subjects. It's like an important linking bridge for my degree. I can't afford to fail it at any costs. I dun wan dat to ever happen!!!
This is such a nightmare. Tomorrow will be Wednesday. The official start of my Chemistry lecture 2 skipping sessions. Won't come back to hostel till 6.30 p.m. Wednesday has the longest lecture time. 10.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.!!! Arrghhh, I can't deal with stress!!!!!
And my Tuesday timetable is even queerer. There's no lunch break in between!!! From 9.30 a.m. till 4.00 p.m. How am I gonna survive with my gastric loving stomach? And another stupidity of mine: I forgot to pack gastric medications to Aust and didn't drop by a pharmacy to get some. It feels like I'm gonna be so worried sick till I'm gonna get one soon :(
6 comments:
Aww, Pity you...It sounds like the timetable is worst than I.S one
yeah it is :(
hey daugh, dn b too upset first. after knowing my timetable u wil feel better. on mon n thu, my clz start frm 8.30am til 7.00pm. even hardcore, isn't it? bt i hav no clz for d whole day on wed lah. haha. :P i think u wil gt used to it soon. cheer up!!! :D
lols! poor daddy. u shud read the Lucky Outfit post... it's like a sequal to this post :)
why is ur lecture in one day so much? but u diff, u dun rili have to cook for dinner. s'pore got loads of hawker's food.
haha. jz read it. yesterday dn gt much time to read. icic. u sure r lucky. :D i hav no choice cz my lab is fixed to start on 8.30am on mon n on thu i hav physics lecture. n i take japanese tis sem n language clz r mostly near nite time. huh? do u hav to cook dinner urself? skul dn gt dinner to eat? ya, our canteen is open daily til 9pm daily. so no nid to worry for meals. ^^
hehe. dun knw why dat day all the things just like click together suddenly.
i see. ya hate it when lectures run together non-stop... such a continuous nightmare!!! wow! u r taking japanese! night class huh? shud be easy for u right? i dun rili want to learn another language but i like sushi!!!
ya i have to cook by myself coz the refectory in my uni close at 6pm if i m not wrong and it's so farrr.... So every wednesday is such a pain coz i come back at 6.30p.m. no time to cook. so will just have to eat salad or pizza for dinner. and the asian food to be honest is not very good(havent try the sandwich and burger though).
Post a Comment